March 30, 2020
Health & Welfare Updates
- Effective March 1, 2020, COVID-19 testing, and related provider or facility fees to administer the test, will be covered at 100% in or out of network, in compliance with the law.
- Effective March 1, 2020, any visit with your treating provider conducted electronically (phone, facetime, skype, etc.), will be covered the same as in-person office visits under the Plan. Remember you may also access care using Anthem’s LiveHealthOnline, available at https://livehealthonline.com, for which there is 100% coverage.
- The Plan provides credits to maintain eligibility if a participant is disabled. Effective for the work months of March through June 2020, eligibility credits for up to one month will be provided under this provision if a participant, or a person residing in his/her household, are under a physician ordered quarantine due to symptoms consistent with Coronavirus.
- If an eligible participant is ill, the Plan provides a one week waiting period before weekly Accident and Sickness benefits begin. This one week waiting period has been waived for illnesses commencing from March 26, 2020, through June 30, 2020.
- Effective March 26, 2020, through June 30, 2020, weekly Accident and Sickness benefits will increase to $500.00 per week. These benefits are not payable if a participant is receiving unemployment compensation or employer-provided paid medical leave (and is otherwise subject to all other plan terms and conditions).
Please contact Benesys with questions or for more information on health & welfare.