Keeping Solar and Wind Industries Buzzing
The renewable energy industry is expanding at an incredibly rapid pace. In fact, industry analysts believe that solar power generators, alone, will produce most of the energy needed around the world within 50 years. Potential abounds, from efficient, profitable operations for power producers to clean, sustainable energy for the North American public.
The Indiana/Kentucky/Ohio Regional Council of Carpenters has the skilled carpenters and millwrights to build the facilities, farms, panels, and towers needed to harness these unlimited natural resources. The IKORCC is aggressively working to ensure it’s carpenters and millwrights are prepared to help employers leverage opportunities found in the North American energy industry.
Training, industry partnerships, and establishing relationships with key manufacturers gives IKORCC members a competitive advantage on jobsites, and positions IKORCC contractors as the best choice for the installation and maintenance of wind turbines and solar heating panels, as well as newer strategies such as small hydro, modern biomass, geothermal and biofuels.
Thousands of skilled, qualified IKORCC members are ready for solar energy construction projects. The IKORCC has created industry-specific training to install solar arrays on new and existing commercial and residential sites.
With solar mockup displays and a variety of module devices in all of our training facilities, we have the flexibility to prepare our members to be ready for any solar project.
The result: Our members are already on the job completing the work in record time, according to contractors utilizing our labor.
IKORCC Millwrights understand the intricacies of the wind power industry. Based on its long history of excellence in gas and steam turbine installation and maintenance, IKORCC Millwrights are well-positioned to apply this expertise in the wind industry.
IKORCC Millwrights have the reputation to deliver wind energy projects to the exact specifications of the project, regardless of schedule, geographic constraints, or any other challenge that may surface. Based on years of hands-on and theoretical training, our Millwrights understand the technology, tooling, machinery and maintenance needs to first install and then keep wind equipment humming.
The IKORCC is educating elected officials about the vast amount of jobs and economic growth that is at stake via the renewable energy industry. IKORCC political professionals are working with members of Congress so that initiatives to develop the industry are supported. Many of these programs, such as a 20-year-old production tax credit for wind, solar, geothermal, and bioenergy production, have been factors in billions of dollars in investment and significant job creation through administrations of both parties.
Regardless of scale, complexity, geography, or schedule, IKORCC Members have the training and expertise to deliver a renewable energy construction project on time and according to budget.
Partnering With the IKORCC
- Dedication: We come to work every day with a positive attitude, professional appearance, and a determination to finish the job correctly the first time.
- Availability: Our thousands of carpenters and millwrights enable our contractors to be fully staffed at all times, which allows for quick response to emergencies and other installation challenges.
- Timeliness: Meeting schedules is key, and our crews know that fast, accurate installations are priority one.
- Flexibility: Compressed schedules, adjustments in daily work hours, work days and work weeks, and adjusting staffing numbers are just some of the strategies we will employ to keep your project on time and on budget.
- Customer Service: We are trained to not only finish work according to the customer’s satisfaction, but to follow through with training, maintenance and customer service. One call puts the best-trained crews at the work site to get the system up and running as fast as possible.
IKORCC Millwrights Build Wind Turbines/in Millwrights, News /by Lindsey Schiefelbein
Check out the great work Millwright Local Union 1076 members are doing at a wind farm in Losantville, Indiana.