• Once admitted, the applicant must attend one week (40 hours) of training class every three months for a total of 160 hours per year. In addition, an additional Ivy Tech course each year is also required.
• The applicant must work a minimum of 650 hours every six months or 1300 hours per year, for a union contractor in order to earn his/her advancements through apprenticeship training to earn journeyman status.
• Failure to attend the required training classes or to maintain sufficient work days will delay the six-month to a year pay increases.
• On the job, apprentices work with journeymen to apply classroom and workshop skills.
• Upon successful completion of the four-year apprenticeship training, the apprentice is advanced to Journeyman carpenter, millwright, or floor coverer status.
• Learning a trade is learning skills for life!