Applications are now open for the IKORCC scholarship program. Forty $1,000 scholarships will be awarded in 2019 to eligible member’s dependent children. Twenty of the scholarships are awarded based on scholastics, and twenty others by a random drawing.
The Indiana/Kentucky/Ohio Regional Council scholastic scholarships are awarded based on 60% high school grade point average and 40% on SAT or ACT scores. Twenty scholarships will be selected by random drawing.
The scholarship is to be used solely for the purpose of education in the form of tuition, room and board and or books.
Sons, daughters, and dependent children of members of the Indiana /Kentucky/Ohio Regional Council of Carpenters and Millwrights are eligible for scholarships provided that:
- The parent or guardian is now and has been a member in good standing of the Indiana/Kentucky/Ohio Regional Council of Carpenters for at least one year.
- The son, daughter, or dependent child is a high school graduating senior.
- The son, daughter, or dependent child will be attending a college, university, or trade school as a full-time student.
- Application is received at the Council office prior to Friday, March 13, 2020.
All applications must include:
- Signed and dated application form
- Signed certificate from a local union official
- Signed certificate from the high school principal
- Official high school transcripts with grade point average
- SAT or ACT scores
- Record of extracurricular activities
Scholarship applications must be received prior to Friday, March 13, 2020 at the Greenwood Council Office, located at 771 Greenwood Springs Drive, Greenwood, Indiana 46143.
771 Greenwood Springs Drive
Greenwood, IN 46143
Monday to Friday: 8:00am to 4:30pm
Saturday and Sunday: Closed